Thursday, September 2, 2010

Huntington Beach Eats

Here is a lovely recap of meals and treats I had while vacationing in Huntington Beach! I know I go there often but it is only because I love the area! I go for the weather and the food is just a bonus!
Pollo Cuernavaca: Juicy grilled chicken breast served on a skillet with roasted sliced ortega chiles, grilled onion, and a tasty salsa tomatillo. Served with Frijoles Frescos, rice and warm tortillas.
Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory English Toffee Apple
Sandy's Beach Grill Restaurant
Great french fries, loved the way they served them. Mangiamo Gelato Caffe
Remember last year I visited Mangiamo many times? The BEST gelato!
Fresh made waffle cone with bacio and coconut!
Houston's My FAVORITE restaurant. We (parents and I) went to Santa Monica to visit my aunts and ate lunch here. Wish I had a Houston's in Las Vegas. They have great veggie dishes. Seasonal Vegetable Plate Left to right: heirloom tomato salad with fresh basil, roasted corn salad, roasted broccoli with Parmigiano- Reggiano, couscous salad with chopped veggies and nuts, and grilled bread. Oh yeah, my vegetable plate also came with a vegetable sushi roll- minus the fish! This was DELICIOUS and the ponzu dipping sauce added an extra saltiness. Alcatraz Brewing Co. Had a Weiss Guy White, similar to Blue Moon except a lemon was recommended for this brew! It went down so well. ;) Sweet Potato Fries: served with a cinnamon marshmallow dipping sauce. Pita Chicken Sandwich: zucchini, yellow squash, onion, mushrooms, peppers, mozzarella, simple salad with balsamic dressing. Mos Smokehouse BBQ Fried Pickles. First time trying fried pickles and they were really delicious. That was about the only delicious thing at Smokin Mo's unfortunately. Meat was dry and salads were weak.
While I did plenty of eating I also did plenty of exercising. I hit up the gym for body pump one morning, jogged on the beach walk, used stairs wherever I went and did plenty of walking! I gained zero weight thank you very much! I also hung out with my friend Jen! We went to an Angel's game and enjoyed a huge waffle cone with soft serve! With Love, Fallon

3 comments:

Amanda said...

How fun! When i lived in Henderson we used to go to San Diego and Huntington Beach a lot, such a short drive. Lucky you!

Debbie said...

I love caramel apples from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, but everything looks delicious in the post...making me hungry!

Katrina said...

Ok, the apple looks delicious, but even more so, the sweet potato fries with that dip--ooh!