Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Grilled Eggplant Parmesan

Had some time on my lunch break and decided I could blog about my dinner last night! I've been on Weight Watchers the last few months and have had great success. One of my favorite dishes to make is Eggplant Parmesan. To make my dish less points on Weight Watchers I grilled slices of eggplant. Make sure to sprinkle salt on them and let sit in a colander. This break down the bitterness and makes the eggplant softer. Dry the slices by patting dry with paper towels and on a well lit grill, cook them up.

I swapped the ricotta cheese for fat free cottage cheese. First time I ever did this and it was delicious!

GRILLED EGGPLANT PARMESAN
By: Fallon Foale

Ingredients:
Grilled eggplant slices (2 medium eggplants)
1 cup fat free cottage cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (save 1/4 cup for the top)
2-3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (save 1 tablespoon for the top)
1 large egg
Dried basil, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper
Your favorite tomato sauce ( I love White Linen Marinara)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl combine cottage cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, egg and seasonings. Set aside.

In a medium sizes baking dish, layer sliced eggplant. Top with cheese mixture and sauce. Repeat till eggplant is gone. On the top add rest of shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle more basil and oregano on top! Place in oven till everything is heated through and cheese browns on top.

For fun we had extra whole wheat penne cooked and in the fridge. I sprinkled it in between the layers. Served with steamed brocolini. This made 6-7 large slices and I counted it as 6 points!

Enjoy,
Fallon





1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love that this isn't all breaded and fried. Much healthier.