Saturday, November 14, 2009

Never knew it was soo difficult to find a muffin recipe!

Hey guys! It feels like forever since I've made a post. These last 2 weeks been pretty rough for me in the sense I haven't talked to my boyfriend. It is really driving me up the wall, and I wish I could just hear his voice. My appetite is all over the place, not eating full meals and instead have mini-meals when I feel hungry. The gym and my workouts really help me out, I'm so glad I have that to resort to. I love my best friend who is here for me all the time! I try to meet up with her to go for a walk with her and Mason (her 3 month old son!). My parents are really supportive and are trying their best to keep me happy. I just know who my true friends are and who really does love me. At the end of the day, no one else will be able to be like that and I don't want to waste my time. Again, I'm really fortunate to have what I have.


 
I'm trying to keep myself busy and my mind off of it.. but at the end of the day none of it works. I never thought I'd come this low to feeling this down. It sucks. I'm not happy and I'm very lonely. Which brings me to this blog. I'm really glad I started this blog. It gives me something to look forward too. I love all the comments my readers leave me. Thanks guys! It cheers me up and makes me feel good about myself because someone out there is reading this blog. It another thing that keeps me going and staying positive!

With all these emotions flying around, cooking and baking are flying around too. I have several events coming up and I have no clue what I want to bake or cook. I'm very undecided on everything I try to choose. Like tomorrow is a meeting at work to prepare us for the holiday! It the first one we have had in over 3 years and we always did a pot-luck. Since the meeting is at 7 am I wanted to make something that is a breakfast type item.. Muffins! Wow can I tell you it took me forever to decide on a muffin recipe? Nothing was calling my name. At one point I was like forget it I'm not making anything. I finally looked on the Cooking Light website. This was my final resort and I found it. Peanut Butter and Honey Muffins! I didn't even have to make a trip to the grocery store for ingredients because I had "almost" everything on hand.

The full recipe is HERE. I made several adjustments because it what I had in my kitchen! Gotta be flexible sometimes.  

Adjustments:
  • 2/3 cup honey: I WAS ALMOST OUT OF HONEY! I barely had 1/3 cup to measure, so the remaining was filled with raw blue agave (not so raw when cooked though).
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter: I used Skippy Natural. I haven't baked with a natural nut butter yet because I hear they make baked goods dry, and for a store meeting I feel that this would be sufficient enough. It is more nutritious then the fried donuts I'm sure someone will bring!
  • 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk: I think milk is yuck, let alone fat free. My parents had organic 1% which I used. If I were making these for myself I'd use a nut milk.
I tried one after it cooled off some and they were rather interesting. The batter was lumpy and I was concerned how that would turn out in the end. They were moist and had air pockets throughout the muffin. They weren't dry, which I was almost worried about because they were lumpy. I taste the honey and not so much agave, so I don't think they will notice. If anything the star of this muffin is the peanut butter!! Now I can enjoy something at a store meeting since I usually don't eat anything! Can't wait to try another one tomorrow.


Big hole! Definitely a moist crumb that holds well.
  They baked up beautifully and just the right size.
  Cooling off for the meeting! 
 
I'm about to head out and watch the fights at my best friend's house. Another something that keeps me sane, being with friends and watching people beat the crap out of each other!! Keep the comments rolling because I love them.

Have a great weekend,
Fallon

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Oh Fallon, I am sorry you are feeling so lonely. We have all been in that type of situation (sometimes when your not even alone!). Know that I will not forget your wonderful little heart. Hugs to you. I hope that you will feel better soon. I know it must be hard.

Katrina said...

Hope "things" get better soon.
Yummy looking muffins!
Hang in there.