Sunday, March 7, 2010

Pizza for breakfast!

I'll make this one short and sweet. Delicious too. It all started when a good friend of mine randomly announced she was moving to Washington! So my best friend and I were all kind of surprised, sad, but excited for her. We all go through times when we can't decide what to do in life because everything keeps failing, so finding something different to do and explore is always a great option. So as soon as she announced she was leaving, say in a week I was so thrown off. I haven't really seen her in a while, so I thought it be nice to get together and have a farewell breakfast or lunch. Time just seems to fly by. It ended up being breakfast at the place she works at. Which is awesome because they make some really delicious cheese pizza.
Check out how huge it is!
The night before I was wondering what would be good at Double Play. I asked my best friend and she mentioned breakfast pizza! I was intrigued. I was going to order a veggie omelet, you know something "boring." I asked her more about this pizza and she said it was on regular pizza dough with eggs, cheese, hash browns, with a choice of bacon or sausage. I'm not a huge pork person, but bacon every blue moon is a treat for me! Luckily my best friend wanted bacon too! Perfect! I'm so glad we ended up splitting the pizza because it was a LARGE! HUGE! It was only us 3 ladies and we can only tackle so much pizza. I requested to have veggies on my side which included onion, green pepper and spinach. It was a great addition to the pizza. So how did the pizza taste? AHHMAZING! Probably the greatest invention ever. It wasn't overly eggy, or cheesey, or hash browney. Like my word choice? LOL. It was all evenly and perfectly distributed throughout the pizza. The crust was strong, crunchy, not greasy, and a great chew. I can't stand a greasy pizza. It is all you'd ever want in a perfect pizza for breakfast. It was so good I had to have 2 huge pieces. I admit I did go for a run early that morning and waited afterward for this breakfast! So it was well deserved. ;)
Pure deliciousness! I of course needed a little ketchup to dip my pizza in.
I can't wait to have this pizza again! It was so good. I may try to recreate this at home because I could eat this all the time. Just need to tackle a good whole wheat pizza dough recipe. ;) SO after all this was said and done our friend ended up with not moving to Washington! She decided after 5 years of going back and forth to finally join the Air Force. I wish her the best of luck and I'll be here to support her! Check out this handsome cutie!
My best friend's son! He just woke up about an hour ago. ;) I don't think he liked the camera. LOL
Have a great day, Fallon

3 comments:

Bob said...

Holy crap, that pizza sounds awesome. I'm making one, that's all there is to it.

HoneyB said...

Looks yummy! I would ask for the veggies too! :) Good luck to your friend!

frankie said...

that pizza looks delicious! I've been craving pizza for weeks...
I saw your comment on peabody's blog and no matter how creepy, I HAD to come tell you about this link : http://www.davidlebovitz.com/archives/2007/07/making_ice_crea_1.html
You absolutely CAN make ice cream without a machine! woohoo! have fun :D