Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Martini


A few weeks back I was contacted by a person from POM Wonderful. He wanted to send me a case of 100% pure pomegranate juice. I said yes right away like it was going out of style, and before I knew it the case was at my door. I'm not a huge juice person but I always liked the tart juices. Plus the health benefits found in pomegranate juice like improving cardiovascular, decrease risk in prostate cancer, improvement in erectile function (Really? lol), and the high potency of antioxidants were all positives. I'm all about improving and staying healthy.


The first thing that came to my mind when I received my case of pomegranate juice was a Pom-tini! I can have a drink and still get my antioxidants in. Perfect! I'm not no bartender, so I took on a little Internet search till I found the perfect drink for my POM juice. It is called a Summer Martini. It's very refreshing from the tartness of the limoncello and sweetness from the vanilla. It all pairs well with the pomegranate juice for one refreshing cocktail these hot nights we have to deal with.

Shake, shake, shake!
Summer Martini:
Serves 1 (From mixdrinx.com)

Ingredients
1 ounce vanilla flavored vodka
1/2 ounce Limoncello
1 1/2 ounce of pomegranate juice
Squeeze of lime

Combine all ingredients into a martini shaker with ice. Shake well. Strain and serve. Garnish with a lemon twist of lime.

Hello yoga frog!
This martini didn't come at a better time to celebrate my offer for a marketing internship! I've been rather busy preparing for that. It is an exciting time for me and I'm still shocked that I was actually chosen. Go me!! 


Have a Happy 4th of July! If you can shake up one of these martinis, I promise they won't disappoint. I also liked to thank POM Wonderful for sending some juice to me. It is honestly delicious, and I would only purchase this brand of pomegranate juice. Thanks again!

Always, Fallon

1 comment:

Diana's Cocina said...

I have everything to make this refreshing drink. Nicely done.