Friday, January 14, 2011

Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cookies

ChocolatePeppermintCookie4

My goal for holiday cookies in December was to try something new. It is always good to keep up with traditions but I wanted to be a rebel. I had so many wonderful recipes I wanted to try, that there was no way I’d have time to make those, plus my classics.

For instance, peppermint bark is something I make for Christmas every year because it is delicious. I came across this wonderful cookie which featured peppermint bark on top of a buttery cookie. It was a twist on an old favorite and was one of the first holiday cookies I had baked up.

ChocolatePeppermintCookie5

The verdict? They were very addicting. I had to hide them in the fridge so I couldn’t see them. Tasted just like peppermint bark but with a buttery shortbread cookie as the base. Cut them into fun shapes and pieces to mimic peppermint bark.

Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cookies From Bon Appétit

Ingredients

Nonstick vegetable oil spray

2 cups AP flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature

1 cup sugar (I did 1/2 sugar, 1/2 stevia)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 large egg yolk

6 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped

1/2 cup (3 ounces) finely chopped peppermint candies or candy canes

2 ounces high-quality white chocolate (I used Wholefoods brand)

Click HERE to find out how to make Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cookies.

ChocolatePeppermintCookie1  ChocolatePeppermintCookie3

Enjoy!

Fallon

2 comments:

Shelby said...

These are great looking cookies Fallon!

Samantha said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I want these for Christmas!