Thursday, September 1, 2011

Baked Polenta Rounds with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Ricotta Cheese

OMG is it really September 1st today? I can’t believe what a year I’ve experienced so far. Seriously. This will be my last full month in Augusta, GA and I’ll be heading home beginning of October. It is time for me to pack up and head back to Las Vegas. I can’t wait to see my friends and family but I’m going to miss being with Mike. This has been the first time we were able to see each other on a daily basis, making him lunch for work, good dinners and getting to know each other even more. It has been a wonderful experience and I’m truly going to miss it and him. Keep your fingers crossed for me that he WILL come home for Christmas this year. Mine will be extra crossed.

Anyways.. I wanted to share with you a delicious pumpkin bread I made last week. I’ve been eating it all week with my protein shakes for breakfast. hehe. The pictures are still on my camera. Don’t worry I’ll get to it. ;) So instead I’m sharing with you this delicious side dish I made to serve with the Marinated Basil Chicken Breasts, some baked polenta rounds. With only 5 ingredients needed, you can make this up real quickly!

Polenta4

You know those tubes of polenta you see in the store? That is what I used, sliced up and baked in a 400 degree oven. While that was heating up I mixed up some ricotta cheese with chopped up sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh basil.

After the polenta baked up for 10 minutes, I added a teaspoon of ricotta mixture to each round. I topped with some shredded parmesan cheese and let them bake till the cheese was warmed through. I garnished with a chiffon of fresh basil and served with my delicious basil chicken breasts.

Polenta3

It was absolutely scrumptious!!! I decided to leave some polenta rounds plain, saved them for my lunch salad the following day and used them as croutons. Yum yum!

Have a wonderful first day of September! I’m so excited the holidays are almost here. OH and remember.. keep your fingers crossed for me. ;)

Also I’d love if I could get more fans to like my Facebook page for Fallon’s Cucina! And if you haven’t done so already, become a member of my blog by following! Just look on my main page to the right hand side and become a member! I love having the support and love!

Love,
Fallon

No comments: