Monday, September 27, 2010

Green Enchiladas with Beef

Well Monday is here again. I definitely had a crazy weekend and all my plans fell through. Right now work and having a job is pretty important, so sometimes sacrifices have to be made and fun plans have to not happen. Life!

Like I promised, today I'd share with you my beef enchiladas. I pretty much followed the same recipe I used for my chicken enchiladas. This time though I used a London broil, green sauce, and no black beans. Then instead of being deconstructed I decided to make actual enchiladas using corn tortillas, a little Mexican cheese and baked until everything became hot and gooey!

Green sauce is my favorite! I had a hard time deciding what brand to choose. I find lots of store bought enchilada sauces have some funky ingredients. I managed to find one I could understand with 5-6 ingredients. I'll pick it up again because it was so good. I should see if Wholefoods carries enchilada sauce! What brand do you use? Do you make your own sauce?

The meat was tender, juicy and full of flavor. The slow cooker does wonders. The best kitchen appliance ever. As for putting the enchiladas together the task is very simple. Since I used corn tortillas I simply preheated a pan to warm them up and make them more pliable for rolling. I added cheese to the beef filling to act as glue when rolling them up. Then I topped with green sauce and more cheese. Baked in a preheated oven over 350 degrees until everything was warmed through and the cheese melted!

Enchiladas9

Tender beef

Enchiladas10

 

Enchiladas11

Served on top of steamed broccoli. I

always feel better when I have

some vegetable ;)

Check out my Deconstructed Chicken Enchiladas to find the recipe I used.

Enjoy!!

Fallon

PS: This is my first post using Windows Live Writer and so far I'm happy with the results. Way easier and no bugs so far. Yay!! I still have a "few" issues but they will get worked out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man, those look tasty! And the broccoli accompaniment sounds pretty delicious :)