Monday, October 4, 2010

Caramel Corn with Chocolate Drizzle

CaramelCorn1

Fall is in the air. The leaves are changing. The weather is cooling off and our days are starting to get shorter. As the season changes so does our diets. There is an abundance of squashes, apples, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, cranberries, eggplant, figs and such. To read on more fall fruit and vegetables click the link here. Where am I going with this? I love having my brussel sprouts roasted and my apples dipped in caramel. How about popcorn covered in caramel and chocolate? Yeah this is where I’m going! Whenever the holidays come around I love having a huge bowl of caramel popcorn to serve to guests or have for my own pleasure. It is buttery, sweet, salty and crisp. Once you start you really can’t stop. I needed a recipe that produced a lot of caramel corn since I planned on sharing it with the people I work with. I picked my recipe from Annie’s Eats. I love how she displays her food in her photos. Very neat and cute! I have the recipe saved in my huge recipe book for next time. It was all I imagined and more!

To get the recipe for Caramel Corn head on over to Annie’s Eats for the recipe.

I added a chocolate drizzle to mine. I like that on Annie’s Eats she added candy corn to the mix which is fun for Halloween. Plus you can’t go wrong with some nuts unless you know someone with an allergy.

CaramelCorn2

 CaramelCorn3

For the people I work with I put the popcorn into treat bags that way everyone could get a taste! It is much more appealing that way then to have a whole bowl of popcorn and everyone putting their hands into it. ;)

CaramelCorn5

CaramelCorn4  

Come back on THURSDAY to check out a new recipe and a giveaway I will be hosting!!

Fallon

3 comments:

Tara said...

YUM Fallon....I'm totally psyched to try this (with candy corn) for my kids!

Anonymous said...

oh wow. The best of both worlds--caramel and choc PLUS popcorn. :) mm.

j3nn.net said...

Oh, that looks SO good! I love the individual baggies, SO cute! :)