Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cilantro Lime Rice

CilantroLimeRice1

I literally didn’t put May 5th and Cinco de Mayo together today. That was until I was grocery shopping this morning and saw all the Hispanic food out! I’m planning on making chicken taquitos with this recipe on a bed of raw spinach and a nice cold Dos XX as a side ;). I’ll follow up in a few days with how dinner went. I’m also planning on a special dessert, cross your fingers it turns out good!

Rice is probably one of my favorite side dishes. At home I always use brown rice but when I go out white rice just always sounds better! I figure it is a treat and something I don’t eat all the time. I think Chipotle has some of the best rice! Very tasty and flavorful. I saw this recipe on Two Peas and Their Pod for Cilantro Lime Rice, and it reminded me of the rice from Chipotle. I was making tacos that night for dinner and made this rice dish as my side.

It turned out delicious but definitely did not look like white rice. It turned out yellow and I’m blaming the vegetable broth. It was a thick and fragrant broth. Next time I will try chicken broth and see if that makes a difference. For someone who use to despise cilantro, I love how fresh and flavorful it makes dishes. If you have time today you should make this rice, it will go great with all the Mexican food that will be served!

CilantroLimeRice2

Head on over to Two Peas and Their Pod for their recipe on Cilantro Lime Rice.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Fallon

1 comment:

Pam said...

I love cilantro lime rice... it's the perfect companion to any Mexican dish!