Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Welcome to Fallon’s Waffle House

Waffles1 Waffles2

When I moved to the south I saw many new franchise restaurants that I never saw on the west coast. One of them being the Waffle House. They are everywhere. We actually have one right near our home and I drive by it all the time. I’ll be honest and admit I’ve never been to the Waffle House. I hear it has good greasy food to eat around 3 in the morning after a night of drinking. Well guess I’ll never get to enjoy that because I’m not the type to drink till 3am. I’m usually sleeping instead. hehe!

Anyways when I am out on the weekends many of the guys want to go to the Waffle House! So I decided to bring the Waffle House to my own when my mom surprised me with my own waffle maker. She came  to visit me last week and brought me presents. I love presents and the waffle maker was a fun surprise. The last time I made waffles was last year when my boyfriend had to go back to Iraq from his leave. I woke up at 5:30am to make my boyfriend a special waffle breakfast before taking him to the airport. I decided to remake the same waffle recipe in my new waffle maker because my boyfriend declared them as the best waffles ever back then. And guess what? They still are the best waffles.

Waffles6

Waffles
Adapted from
Better Homes and Gardens

Ingredients
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups 1% lactose free milk (any milk will work)
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

Direction
In a medium bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside. In another medium bowl beat eggs slightly; stir in milk, oil and vanilla. Add egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir until moistened. Batter will be slightly lumpy.

Pour 1 to 1 1/4 cups of batter onto grids of a preheated, lightly greased waffle maker. Close lid and bake according to manufacturer’s directions, It took me about 4-5 minutes for each waffle to get nice and crispy. To remove use tongs and set on plate. Serve with real maple syrup, butter, plain Greek yogurt and/or nut butter. Enjoy!

Something so simple and easy, definitely a recipe not to mess with. It is perfect as can be.

Waffles3

Waffles4
I enjoyed my waffle topped with plain Greek yogurt and real maple syrup.

Waffles5

Love,
Fallon’s Waffle House

PS: My recipe page is finally updated from the beginning of July! I let that get behind for a second. ;)

3 comments:

Chelle B said...

I just read your about me section and I am beyond giddy. Go Rebels! I am from Las Vegas and am now a Southern transplant living here in Houston. So happy to have found your blog. Waffle House was new for me and there is one on every corner it seems. Never been either. I would rather have homemade waffles anyway and these look amazing. Yummy!

Robin said...

Your waffles look perfect!

Veronica said...

That is the most perfect-looking waffle EVER!