Thursday, February 2, 2012

Crockpot Cheddar Beer Chicken Tacos

Lately trying to find a balance has been quite a challenge. I want to do everything but at the end of the day, I’m lucky if I get to the gym and eat dinner. I like being busy but it comes to a point where being too busy isn’t too good either. Balance between work and having a life is very important. How do you balance long work days to have a life? I really need a vacation and I don’t see that in my future right now :(

BeerChic3

What I do find time to make is delicious meals like this meal, Crockpot Cheddar Beer Chicken Tacos. The lovely Jessica from How Sweet It Is has the most creative mind when it comes to cooking, like lots of flavors that just work together. She has inspired me to be more creative in the kitchen and to try new things. I bookmarked this recipe because beer and chicken in a Crockpot sounded quite interesting. Trust me, it is delicious and you’ll want to eat it for lunch and dinner! I use the chicken as a salad topping, corn tortilla tacos and burritos. 

 BeerChic1 
My favorite lunch as of late: Beer chicken, lettuce, avocado, onion, Greek yogurt and salsa verde wrapped in a brown rice tortilla.

My job can be quite entertaining most days. There is a station where you check in rental cars that are being returned after their rental is over. When people come to Las Vegas they are here for a good time, they drink, eat and party all night! These people purchase alcohol to have in their hotel rooms but when flying back home, they have to leave it  behind. We get a lot of alcohol left over and they like to leave it with us. Last night I lucked out and came home with a 12 pack of beer. The first thing I thought of was making the cheddar beer chicken! ;)

BeerChic2

To get the recipe for Crockpot Cheddar Beer Chicken Tacos you must check out Jessica’s awesome website, How Sweet It Is.

Now time to go make a burrito for work! I think I’m on day 3 of burrito eating ;)

Fallon

No comments: