Sunday, May 20, 2012

Baked Kale Chips

Hey guys!!! I’m sorry in the delay of posts. I’m swamped by work but hopefully that will change soon. I miss my blog!

I made these kale chips like a month ago and just sharing them now. I’ve been buying the small bags of kale chips from Whole Paycheck and I needed a solution. Trader Joe’s sells their kale pre-cut and washed in a bag and makes baking kale chips so simple. Of course you have to eat these the day they are made or they will become soft if saved for leftovers, but will still be delicious.

Kalechips1

Kale Chips
By Fallon

Ingredients
3-4 handfuls of kale, chopped and rinsed (I used half the bag from Trader Joe’s)
Cooking spray
Salt
Pepper
Parmesan cheese (optional, nutritional yeast would work as well)

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a large baking sheet spray with cooking spray. Spread kale throughout the pan being careful not to overlap too much. Spray with cooking spray and season with salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Place in oven for 10 minutes. Remove and shake around. The kale will start to crisp up and brown on the edges. Cook for another 5 minutes and remove.

Kale should be crispy and before you know it, you will be eating the whole baking sheet of kale!

Kalechips2

Kalechips3

Best snack ever and full of nutrition!

Fallon

No comments: