Saturday, June 2, 2012

Spinach and Mozzarella Turkey Burgers

Summer is here and my favorite thing is to use the grill! Luckily ours is a gas grill and I can just light it up whenever I want. Charcoal grills are nice but for me I don’t like the fuss. I want my grill heated up quickly and get my food on there so I can eat. Grilling is easier and causes a lot less mess in the kitchen. I know that is something my mom can appreciate. She thinks I make such a mess in the kitchen. I think she is wrong! ;)

TurkeyBurger3

I made these turkey burgers on a whim. I’ve discovered that the only way to have moist turkey burgers is if you start throwing in random ingredients. It gives the turkey flavor and adds moisture. I sautéed up a few handfuls of spinach with garlic and olive oil. I set it aside to cool off before I added it to about 1.25lb lean ground turkey. With the spinach I added in a handful of shredded mozzarella, 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs, 1 large egg white and seasoned with salt and pepper. Form it into burger size patties, throw on the grill till no longer pink in the middle and then serve.

TurkeyBurger2

 TurkeyBurger1 

I had mine bunless with grilled sweet potatoes, grilled asparagus roasted cauliflower. It was one of the best meals I made to date in a long time. I enjoyed this meal with a new friend of mine and she was truly impressed. She mentioned no one ever cooks for her and one random night I knew I had all this food to cook and she finally had a home cooked meal made by someone else. Now all she ever wants me to make are these turkey burgers!

Enjoy,
Fallon

2 comments:

Erin said...

I looooooove your turkey burgers!!! LOL! They are seriously the best!!!!! Mmmmmmmmm....best home cooked meal I had in a long time! Thank you!!! :)

Fallon said...

Awww your welcome hun! I can't wait to do it again. I have extra turkey in the freezer ;)