Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sometimes a Break is All You Need

Back in June this year, I signed up at Crossfit Las Vegas. I took the elements course and knew this be a fun change. I love the challenges that were given to me, the strength I gained and meeting new people. Doing my first Kelly WOD when it was approximately 115 degrees outside to learning kipping pull-ups. Which I still am learning to do!

Sweat4

Tonight was one of my last workouts for a while. I decided to suspend my account for a few months because I need a break. I feel like my body is rejecting me. I don’t know if it is the stress of having a need to get my work outs in, the expensive crossfit price or simply needing to live my life. I told you turning 26 was quite the creeper, who knew! The break will be well deserved and the final workout I endured tonight made me realize a break is okay. 41 minutes and 51 seconds later I finished my WOD. 100 m row, 10 toes to bar, 100 m run, 1 push- up man maker. 100 m row, 9 toes to bar, 100 m run, 2 push-up man makers. 100 m row, 8 toes to bar, 100 m run, 3 push- up man makers. 100 m row, 7 toes to bar, 100 m run, 4 push- up man makers. You get where I’m going with this? I felt fantastic after tonight's work out though. Super sweaty and super accomplished. There was a point where I just wanted to forfeit because I was sick of the man makers. But I just pushed though and did it.

Sweat5
My max deadlift, 115lbs.
My max back squat is 125lbs.

Have I seen results with my own body? Yes and no. I feel 10 pounds heavier (which I am), I have more muscle in my legs and arms, I’m stronger and the weight I use to lift is much lighter, my size 4-6 clothes still fit me but could fit better. Those are the changes I’ve seen since June. I’m happy and not happy about it. I know I’ll never be a size 2 and skinny. I’ve come to terms with myself and I love my body. I think I have great legs and now great arms. My back is broader and my posture is firm. But like I said.. I need a break. Well break here I come!

Sweat2            Sweat11
Nothing like a good work out when your entire shirt is drenched!
Fallon

No comments: