Sunday, November 4, 2012

Baby meal!

Recently my best friend had her second child, baby girl Jenna! She is absolutely precious and I love getting to hold her. I wanted to do something for her and her family. I figured they could use help with a homemade meal. How does chocolate chip cookies and lasagna sound? Everything turned out great and they loved my lasagna. What can I say, when I cook it is definitely. treat ;).

Everything is courtesy of Trader Joe's. Their frozen chocolate chip cookie dough is pretty spectacular and they bake up so nicely. I cooked my own sauce for them, a little ground beef, garlic, onions, olive oil, san marzano tomatoes and a splash of red wine. I cooked it low and slow for about an hour. I used the lasagna sheets that you do not have to boil and you simply layer and bake. I made a ricotta cheese mixture with frozen chopped spinach and an egg to bring everything together. Lyssa told me everyone loved the meal and even Mason, their 3 year old son loved it!








Always,
Fallon

PS: All photos are from my new iPhone 5. Awesome quality right??? And if I wasn't lazier enough, I blogged from my phone too. ;)

No comments: