Sunday, September 23, 2012

Chicken and Sweet Potatoes and Shallots

Chicken3

Last weekend is when it all started. I just want comfort food. Its still in the 90’s here but the thought of warm dishes that are hearty and make tons of leftovers, is right up my alley right now. While perusing Paleo Plan I was trying to get ideas for something fresh to eat. The usual chicken seasoning,with roasted sweet potatoes just wasn’t cutting it out anymore. I came across this sautéed of chicken breasts in coconut oil and shallot fry and mashed sweet potatoes on the side. No dairy, no gluten, no wheat, I never thought food like this could taste so flavorful and it is so simple to prepare.

Chicken2

These sweet potatoes were simply seasoned with sea salt, black pepper and my favorite a dash of cinnamon. I decided to leave the skin on the potatoes for extra nutrition and a rustic home cooked feeling. I had fresh sage lurking in the refrigerator and subbed that for the fresh rosemary. It was a pleasant swap and paired deliciously with the shallots. I got a good 4-5 meals out of this dish. It was so easy to make and bring to work as lunch. I will definitely be making this again!

Please visit Paleo Plan for the recipe Chicken and Sweet Potatoes and Shallots.

Chicken1

I’m off to enjoy this beautiful second day of fall Sunday. Spin class at 8am, coffee afterwards and FOOTBALL!

Fallon

No comments: