Friday, November 6, 2009

Keeping it Simple: Roasted Vegetables

Roasted vegetables are honestly amazing. Taking a simple vegetable roasting it with olive oil and some seasonings really brings life out of the vegetable. It is simple to make and adds a rustic touch to any meal. You can make a lot of roasted vegetables, any combo you desire and have leftovers for several days. Which is what I usually do! I know I'll be able to have a healthy meal in no time with vegetables already cooked and added to anything I have on hand. This is especially helpful when I'm working 9 hour days, I can bring a lunch to work that is healthy, delicious and filling!

The eggplant absorbs the flavors like a sponge, and the tomatoes
are sweet and pop in your mouth with tons of flavor! 
In this mix I roasted up some cherub tomatoes, eggplant, and fresh garlic. Drizzled with olive oil and sprinkle of Italian seasoning. I roasted it in the oven for 25 minutes on 425 degrees. I added it up on top of spaghetti squash and a hefty serving of steamed brussel sprouts, and a mixed green salad on the side. Where did I eat all of this? Well work of course!

Yay for iPhone picture!
Tis Friday night and I'm catching up on things around the house, that I didn't do all week! The only thing I can't do is laundry because our washer is broken!! My parents bought front loaders and we won't be receiving them till Thursday. OH BOY! I plan on seeing The Christmas Carol tomorrow. I hope that gets me in the holiday spirit! It looks really cute.

Have a great weekend,
Fallon

No comments: