Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Another 5K

This post is coming late but better then never! On May 1st I ran my second 5k ever. My goal was to just do one race which happened in February. I'm not a perfect runner and I don't know if that is even possible. Running is hard ya'll! I'm glad I am able to run 1 mile without stopping. Granted I don't kill myself to run the fastest mile. I'm like the turtle, eventually I'll beat the hare ;). For my second 5k I stressed myself out by setting a goal. I wanted to run under 30 minutes. It got to the point where I hated running. I was forcing myself to run a certain amount of miles a week and my mind was playing with me. I realized this wasn't fun. I was running for a great cause, Susan G. Komen! So I stopped stressing myself out with times and just ran. I ended up beating my original time by 15 seconds! Like I said running is not easy. I'm now taking a break until I get in the mood that this is something I want to do. Las Vegas is not a friendly environment to runners or bikers outdoors. I prefer the outdoors over the indoors. The thread mill is LAME! I think that what did me in.
With my Mama in the AM!
All in all, it was a beautiful morning. My mom joined me for the run as well! Surprisingly this was her second 5k as well. We had a lot of fun and can't wait to do this exact race again next year. Oh yeah... and can you say they loaded our Trader Joe's bags with so much food. Check it out!
Mini Moon Pie! I've never had one so I stashed one for a chocolate days. ;) Gave the other processed goods to dad. lol
I donated $1 to New Balance and got these nifty shoe laces!
I'm a bit behind on posts! I made my mom something delicious for Mother's Day (Happy Belated Mother's Day to all the mamas out there!) that I can't wait to share with you. Also my boyfriend is finally back home. YAY!!! I get to see him in less then 2 weeks!!! Always, Fallon

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Great job on the run! I ran one once, oh, about 13,14 years ago. I need to set a goal to run another. (Running is really hard for me, too.)
Fun to do it with your mom.

Sook said...

Good for you!

Robin said...

Well look at you Miss Runner! Great job and what a great time you did. I could never do below 40 minutes- I am a terrible runner- really hate it! Cute pink shoelaces too- I love pink! I should have painted my kitchen pink.

Proud Italian Cook said...

Oooh you got the running bug Fallon, that's exactly how my son started out and a few years later he's now a member of the Marathon Maniacs!