Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Came Early for Me!

CookieSwap3

What’s in the BIG box?!

So if you know me well enough you’d would know what I’ve been wanting for a LONG time. A DSLR. Yes, I want a big camera with all the bells and whistles. I’ve kind of been a camera snob for a while, every few years I want a new one it seems. I’ve always wanted a big camera that would zoom in and have a good quality photo. I’ve never taken a photography class before either. I’m kind of self taught but I know I could use a lot more practice. Plus I love taking pictures. Always have.

I’ve never done the Black Friday shopping before because my job is in retail and I have to always work that day! If I didn’t have to work that day… I’d be at home eating leftovers .

But that is besides the point because online shopping is the new trend. You can get an even better deal online then waiting in a 2 hour line and being surrounded by smelly people! I decided to hit up Black Friday specials online, in my pajamas with a cup of coffee! I researched about what DLSR I’d want before hand. I wanted a functional DLSR with easy user interface and good quality photos for my blog and personal use. It was between a Canon EOS Rebel T1i and Nikon D3000DX. Both good cameras. In the end I went with the better deal. I ended up with a camera w/ standard lens, camera bag, 8 GB memory card, telephoto lens, and a 54” tripod!

CookieSwap4

Welcome my new boyfriend! Okay how about my new best friend? LOL. When my time slows down a bit I can’t wait to buckle down and really get into what this camera has to offer. Merry Christmas to me!

CookieSwap2  

A very happy Fallon!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Oh wow! Good for you! I still have my little point and shoot and my photos scream it. Some day I will get a grown up camera like yours!

Diana's Cocina said...

Oh my goodness what an awesome gift. So happy for you.

Kelsey Ann said...

SCORE!!!! <3