Sunday, November 27, 2011

Oat Bran with Agave-Cinnamon Apples and Dried Cranberries

This is the beautiful and delicious breakfast I enjoyed Thanksgiving morning. I felt good eating it and it help fuel me through my morning workout. I kept it simple because I love the flavor of oat bran. It is smooth and not overpowering like old fashion oats. You can use any kind of apple for this quick breakfast. I used an organic green apple because they are tart and crisp. A tablespoon of light agave was just enough sweetness for this whole dish to come together with the dried cranberries and a generous scoop of crunchy peanut butter!

Oatbran2

Oat Bran with Agave-Cinnamon Apples and Dried Cranberries
By Fallon

Ingredients:
1/2 granny smith apple, chopped small
1 tablespoon light agave
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon dried cranberries
1/3 cup toasted oat bran
1 cup water
1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
Optional: almond milk

Directions:
In a small pot on medium-low heat, add the chopped apples, cinnamon and agave. Cook until the apples are slightly soften and the agave has created a syrup, about 4 minutes. Add 1 cup of water and the oat bran to the pot. Bring to a boil and stir every phew few seconds until the oat bran starts to thicken. Add the cranberries and cook for another minute.

To serve top with crunchy peanut butter (almond butter works too) and a couple more cranberries. I like to add a splash of almond milk to help cool it off.

Oatbran3

Oatbran4

Oatbran5   

See simple and delicious.

Always.
Fallon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A delightful breakfast for champions!

Looks so tasty! Yum! ;)
You have a cool foodblog! Many greets from a foodie from Brussels, Belgium!

Robin said...

You are so good with sticking with a healthy diet! I must eat better this month so that I don't get my carb overload headaches!! Hope you are well and adjusting to being home again. Take care Fallon!!

Fallon said...

I love my healthy food! If I had a daily food blog you'd see chocolate on it almost every day. It is my down fall ;)