Thursday, July 23, 2009

Greek yogurt with nectarine, blueberries and raw walnuts


I'm sorry for the lack of posts this week around. I've been so busy. I believe the last post I said I wasn't doing much cooking. Which is true. My food to me has been good but it not something to take photos of and post about! I've been on a boiled chicken breast thing lately. Eating it cold, shredded in salads, or fresh chicken salad. Then I usually pair it with my favorite new salad, Orange- Champagne Tomato Cucumber Salad. See nothing interesting!

But this morning was worth taking a picture of and posting about it. It been my new breakfast lately. It is delicious, filling, and wheat/gluten free. It is a good change from eggs and toast, toast and nut butter, or oatmeal with peanut butter and almond milk. I used plain Greek yogurt that is loaded with protein and has a tangy taste that pairs nicely with nectarines. I decided to add blueberries to the mix to make it more colorful. Plus they taste fantastic! I have never seen such big blueberries before. I topped it off with several raw walnuts to give a crunch and buttery flavor to the mix. Then for some added sweetness a drizzle of clover honey. It is truly a delicious breakfast and really easy to put together in the morning.  

Ingredients: 
1 medium sized nectarine
1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
56g or 1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt (I used nonfat, although I prefer 2%)
15g of raw walnuts (4-6 walnuts)
Drizzle of clover honey (the bear honey)

Make sure to wash your nectarine and blueberries first. Dry them well. I cut up my nectarine into chunks and place in a bowl. Next I spoon in my Greek yogurt. I add the walnuts and blueberries. Then I drizzle the honey on top. Take a spoon and enjoy! See it is so simple. Not even 5 minutes! This also makes a nice summer-time dessert or a snack.

Look at how beautiful these babies are!
 
So sweet. I'll be sad when these aren't in season anymore!
  The Greek yogurt I used.
  Gotta love the honey bear!
  YUM! Those are some large walnuts too. 
Raw walnuts are delicious!  
 
I have a second post coming up in a little bit. I made my version of an In n Out burger. Looks nothing like it but tastes delicious and healthier. I've noticed with my photos using the natural light the photos become grainy. Maybe it because it a digital camera? Is there a way I can edit it in photo impact or adobe? I took tips from Pioneer Women which you can find by clicking here. If anyone else has any input leave me a comment!!

Good night,
Fallon

No comments: