Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pineapple Chicken

(The natural light was already lacking in the kitchen, so I did the best I could to get a decent photo!) If you don't own a slow cooker you need to stop what you are doing right now and go get yourself one! It makes the best meals. All you do is dump a bunch of stuff in the cooker, and then depending if you want a low or high setting, it will cook for several hours. No fuss in the kitchen and you have a dinner ready, waiting for you. At home I use it for a lot of things, like shredded Mexican beef, split pea soup, roasted chicken, turkey chili, etc. This time around I used it for Pineapple Chicken. I found this recipe on Kath Eats Real Food. This was SO good that I'm making again for Sunday. I get off of work at 6pm, so I'll have dinner ready in my slow cooker when I get home! 

I'm definitely going to add cilantro to mine on Sunday since I forgot to buy some for when I first made it! It was really missing that fresh, cilantro flavor. I didn't even need a knife for my chicken because it was so tender, it just fell apart as you poked it with the fork. I served mine topped with avocado, a side of Israeli couscous that was a medley from Trader Joe's, and a small caesar salad.  

 
Click this link for Pineapple Chicken. Thanks KERF for sharing!
Always, Fallon

4 comments:

Shelby said...

Looks yummy Fallon! I really like the looks of the couscous side too!

Fallon said...

Israeli couscous is so good!! Big pasta pearls that was soaked up by the pineapple sauce. mmm!

Robin said...

Wow what a nice looking chicken dish. I love pineapple in savory dishes. Fallon I can't wait to see your Heart Healthy Recipe. Thanks for joining me!

Peabody said...

Looks like a great weeknight dinner.